Monday, January 23, 2012

Review - Daylight Burning



Holy Celestia!! This is one amazing fan-fic! It has rocketed straight to the top of my favourite fan-fics, and I don't think it will come out of orbit for a while...




Anyways, Here is my weekly review, and it does seem to be bit of a doozy!


This fan-fic is about a... 'well-known'... I guess you could say, villian coming back in a different form, this time more powerful and deadly than ever!

The mane 6 are quickly jumped into the story, which follows a few years after the current storyline, and as I say, the rest is for me to know, and for you to find out!


Cast:


Guesswork has taken the ponies we all know and love, and chucked them a few years in the future, where they are all more... mature (although I don't reckon that is the right word for it :3) and are all in their late teens, Spike is bigger, and many adventures have passed.

I was taken aback for a moment at the start of reading this... Rarity was almost... nasty... and RD was almost a... jock... even though she is a female... But I soon came to realise... This was almost a PERFECT representation of what they would be like at the end of their teens! It made me laugh to say this, but it was a spot-on characterisation

They are all drinking, and it was a bit odd... as they are ponies, on a little kids TV show... It was like a cross between MLP and something like... American Pie almost! But it has been done to a point! The characterisations are actually quite relatable, and v
ery funny. XD



Plot:

This has to be one of the greatest plots ideas I have seen for a while! It was great, and if they ever make a more... adult... version of MLP, this is it right here, It's like Sanctuary, but with ponies! It has been written to an amazing par, and is BY FAR the greatest fan-fiction I have ever read, no, the greatest piece of writting I have ever read. Period.


The writing is amazing, nothing is repeated and nothing is left out. It jumps between flashback and real-time fluently and is an amazing piece of writing. This is so good it should be published! I am awaiting the next updates, and I am putting a link to the FimFiction page right n
ow. Guesswork has done an amazing part on this, and he/she is an amazing writer, worthy of an award, if that little!



My Opinion:
I'm sorry if I can not portray how amazing this fan-fiction is. It is the greatest single piece of writing I have read, ever. And I feel privileged to be even basking in it's holy glow. It is well-written, amazingly thought up, expertly crafted together and finished with a cherry on top. I will certainly be reading more of Guesswork's work. (lol, try saying that 10 times quickly) And I give it 10 drunken Applejack's out of 10 (I would give it more, but the rules of mathematics say that a fraction cannot have a higher numerator than a denominator, so I have to give it 10/10)

I am going to go ahead and make an 'Axe's Stamp of Awesomeness, Radicalness and Coolness' that I will put on any fan-fic that has passed the test of amazingness!! For the meantime you may bask in the almost-as-amazing-as-this-fanfic...ness of The Great and Powerful Trixie, who also gives it her... hooves... up.









CLICK THIS LINK NOW!!! ---> http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4604/Daylight-Burning <--- AS IT CONTAINS THE FAN-FIC! AND YOU MUST READ IT NAAAAOOOOOO!!!!!!!

And, another quote for y'all tonight!

"I have just had eighteen whiskeys in a row. I do believe that is a record." -- Dylan Thomas, his last words

That is a good one, and I guess it does fit with the drinking ponies!

AxeOfChaos Out

3 comments:

  1. Silly Axe, that's not how you spell Fallout Equestria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting that link, I have only read the first chapter so far but I am hooked! This is my favorite fan fiction I have started reading, especially as it is the first one I have started reading, it is as great as you described it and I am as lost for words as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit, dam the suspense, I have now read all 4 and the suspense is killing me, oh well it is a great fan-fiction and I look forward to the next installment, a lot.

    ReplyDelete