Sunday, December 11, 2011

Review - A Princess Carol


Hello all! As promised I have found and read a fan-fic, and not to piss Darcy off, IT ISN'T A SHIPPING!! *gasps of disbelief* Yes, it might be far from my zones, but I will do my best!



Anyways, have a review after the break!


Well, I haven't done one of these in a while, so I might be a bit rusty, but here goes:

A Princess Carol is a Christmas themed fan-fic. It is similar to the episode with Nightmare Night, but it's more... Christmassy...

It starts when Luna comes to Ponyville to check on the current festival of celebrations, which by the episodes, makes it that they always have a holiday. So I can't imagine how they get ANYTHING done...

On arriving at Ponyville, she finds that the old Hearth's Warming she has come to love has been forgotten, and the old ways of being kind and remembering everypony's roots, it has turned into flashing lights, brightly decorated trees and many a present given. (sound familiar?)

Princess Celestia then decides to play a sort of prank on her sister, along the lines of the old Christmas story, A Christmas Carol, when ghosts of the many Christmases come to talk Luna out of hating this new-fangled Hearth's Warming.

The rest, as they say, is for me to know, and you to find out.

Cast:

John Perry has done a fantastic job of capturing the Mane 6, and as I was reading, I had to remind myself this was a fan-fic. The writing has been done to perfection, and the Mane 6 have been written picture perfect to the actual show. He has done the perfect fan-fic by not changing the personalities of any of the cast, so it makes it MUCH more believable.

Plot:

John has done an amazing job of this too. Mixing real life into the Equestria, to make it a story that is relatable and funny. It has been based around "A Christmas Carol" which makes it an old classic, which we SHOULD have all heard when we were a child. The mix of an old classic with the Equestrian touch makes it a great read.

My Opinion:

This well-written story has the old classic of "A Christmas Carol" mixed in with the My Little Pony universe, making it hilarious and... new, I guess. John has even thrown in a few EQD references, which made me laugh several times. This tied with the nostalgia of the old story made it an amazing read. I highly recommend you read it! I give it 9.5 Santa-hatted Fluttershy's out of 10

Keep it Apple Jackin' ponies!!

AxeOfChaos Out

No comments:

Post a Comment